Software testing plays a pivotal role in the software development process. Over the years, the demand and worth of software testing has only scaled up to an all-new level. Organizations know for certain that efficient and strategic implementation of software testing activities in their development projects will eventually help them in saving time, cost and other resources to a great extent. In this article, you will get to know the ten best software testing tools.
Following are the 10 best software testing tools:
1. Kobiton: With this tool, users can build, test, deploy and release mobile applications, IoT devices and websites on real devices in the cloud or on-premise. QA teams can automate visual tests, performance tests and functional tests by using Kobiton’s AI-assisted test script generation and AI-driven scriptless solution in a single platform.
2. Selenium: It is an open-source test automation tool that is exclusively used for testing web applications. It can carry out testing activities across various browsers and platforms. It also supports parallel test execution through which a lot of testing time is saved. It supports popular programming languages such as Java, C#, Python, Ruby, Perl, PHP etc.
3. Testim: This tool has an intuitive, modern UI. Chrome extension is used for creating tests through which users’ actions are recorded. A Built-in scheduler is used to initiate cross-browser tests or it can be done from a CI action. Popular version control systems can be integrated with Testim for code/test branch collaboration and synchronization.
4. Telerik Test Studio: It is a test automation tool used for testing desktop and web applications. It supports API testing, performance testing and functional UI testing. It is equipped with a built-in code editor through which coded tests are created using the built-in Telerik Testing framework. Tests can be scheduled and run remotely by testers on virtual machines or distributed physical machines/servers, in CI/CD and Docker containers.
5. WebLoad: It provides excellent scripting capabilities and complex test case scenarios can be tested by this tool. It can also test standalone and cloud applications and supports technologies, enterprise applications and major web protocols. Test scenarios can be easily built and loaded as the tool provides a bevy of reports and graphs to identify and work on performance related issues.
6. Apache JMeter: It is an open-source testing tool used for performance testing of web dynamic applications and websites. To interpret JMeter results, only a little bit of technical knowledge is required. It can easily work on various server types such as TCP, JDBC, LDAP, FTP, SOAP etc., for load and performance testing. The XML format is where all the test plans are stored and are generated using a text editor. JMeter can also be used for functional testing and automated testing.
7. SoapUI: It is an open-source, cross-platform tool used for both load and functional testing on API. It can make JDBC and HTTP calls too. Some of the key features of this tool are user-friendly GUI, API discovery, XPath Wizards, Schema Inspector, WSDL coverage and refactoring. An exhaustive test analysis is also provided by this tool.
8. TestComplete: It is a GUI test automation tool that tests every mobile, web and desktop application. Both technical and non-technical users can use this tool. Parallel regression tests can be executed with automation builds, so that stable regression tests can be created. Functional tests can be run quickly by using the flexible UI test tool.
9. Appium: It is an open-source tool through which scripts can run on all native, hybrid and mobile web applications for Android and iOS. This tool is exclusively used for fulfilling mobile automation needs. Based on the client/business-specific requirements, this tool can be altered or customized as and when required.
10. Ranorex: It is a GUI test automation tool. It has a codeless click-and-go interface. Automated tests can be executed flawlessly using this tool throughout all devices and environments. Through its bright object recognition feature, any change in the UI can be automatically detected. Some of the key features of this tool are easy to use editor, early test recording, early bug finding, reusable code modules etc.
Conclusion: If you are looking forward to implementing any of the software testing types for your specific software development project, then do get connected with a devoted software testing services company that will provide you with a tactical testing roadmap that is precisely in line with your project specific requirements.
About the author: I am a technical content writer focused on writing technology specific articles. I strive to provide well-researched information on the leading market savvy technologies.