This is about the start, development and basic features of Angular without too much details.
2009 - Angular was originally developed by Misko Hevery in 2009.
Somewhere at the end of 2009, a company where he worked, decided to put the code on Git and become opensource.
2010 - The initial rebase was in 2010 and the most maintained by Google.
2013 - In 2013-14 appeared other web frameworks and tools, the most famous is React, developed by Facebook developers.
2016 - Right at the start, React show good results and better performance. The angular team needed to change something and they decided not to upgrade angularjs.
Instead, they decided to develop a new framework from the start. The just keep first part of name, cut off 'JS', add version 2, and in September 2016 Angular 2 was created. The same team develops AngularJS and Angular 2.
2018 November - Current version: Angular 7
|Tooling support, CLI, IDEs, plugins...|
- Support for AngularJS stopped with the latest version 1.7
- The rule for Angular 2 is: every 6 months new version.
Angular 2 Basic Features
- Component-MVC pattern
- Each component class is an independent unit, it is highly reusable.
- Each component required logic, view, and data as one unit. That means component use MVC pater and Angular framework use components -> Components-MVC pattern.
- It's easy adding more components to your existing application.
- Building an SPA using Angular 2 components is like building a house using lego blocks. Just add more lego blocks to make your building bigger.
- Angular 2 framework consists of several libraries, some core and other optional.
- Many of those libraries are modules (i.e. FormModule, HttpModule, and RouterModule).
- Angular CLI stands for Angular Command Line Interface.
- It is recommended to use angular CLI for creating angular apps as you don't need to spend time installing and configuring all the required dependencies and wiring everything together.
- Using Typescript we can use data models and type safety.
- The Angular team also did a great job in the documentation, have the strong community and backed by Google.
Claim your page on DEV before someone else does
Level up every day