So let’s talk about How Android JS is different ?
let’s discuss the app architecture of Android JS
This is the architecture of Android JS
Here you can simply see that there is a Node JS runtime environment provided by
- Android JS, which means you can use any NPM packages in your app .
- Android JS provides two process Back Process and Front Process — Front Process is just views of your app, you can make them in HTML/CSS , Angular , Phonon Framework , Onsen UI , Vue etc… — Back Process is the main process of your app which communicates with Node environment.
- In order to make communication between Back and Front process, Android JS provides IPC (Inter Process Communication). Android JS provides various Native Android Libraries like: Notification , Toast , Call , SMS , etc…
- Android JS provides Browser Libraries as well like: Camera API , Microphone API . Now let’s discuss the app architecture of Cordova
This is the architecture of Cordova
- Cordova provides the Front Process which is nothing but just the views of your app, you can make them in HTML/CSS , Angular , Phonon Framework , Onsen UI , Vue etc…
- Cordova provides various Browser Libraries like : Notification , Camera , Microphone, etc…
- Cordova does not provide Native Libraries .
- Cordova does not provide any Back end support but you can build API based app , - - which fetches the data from server using API’s . Cordova is just for Front end with Browser API's .
No matter what, each framework has its pros and cons. It truly comes down to what you’re comfortable with and what your application needs are. In the end, both are great options for creating and debugging cross-platform apps.
Android JS provides Back and Front both processes, while Cordova just provide Front process only.
- Android JS provides Node JS runtime environment inside your app, while Cordova does not provide such kinda facility at all.
- Android JS provides Native Android Libraries as well as Browser API's , while - - - Cordova only provide Browser API's .
- Both frameworks are Open Source .
- Both have various Front end frameworks to work on.