Creativity is a phenomenon whereby something somehow new and somehow valuable is formed.
Creativity is the ability of a person or group to make something new and useful or valuable, or the process of making something new and useful or valuable. It happens in all areas of life - science, art, literature, and music.
In short, it's your ability to invent something new that is valuable and useful to others. For example, the device you are currently reading on was the result of someone's creativity.
Productivity is the efficiency of production of goods or services expressed by some measure
the state or quality of being **productive.**
producing or able to produce large amounts of goods, crops, or other commodities.
In short, when we get some amount of work done in a given period, we call ourselves or the day productive.
For me, an unknown high schooler with not much stuff to do, I would want to do work where my creativity lies.
Let's break this down:
- I do something that I like
- I do more work than an avg person on it due to interest
- I enjoy it
- It doesn't feel like work
You might be thinking how is this useful for me or how can I implement this:
If ( you already know and do what you love == True)
Then you are already in the field you will be creative in.
- It's okay and is the case with most people
- To find out what you like, you need to learn
- Spend an hour a day learning a new skill
- Knowledge doesn't go to waste
- After a month or two, if you don't like the skill; you can learn a new one
- Eventually, you will come across something you enjoy
- Look for ways you can earn from the particular skill
- Make it one of your powerful tools
- Congrats, you are the special one, the rare person that knows what they like and would like to do.
- See ways to implement it in your life :)
Just a side-note: having and earning from something you like > boring job you don't like
- When you do what you love you do it better than the one that doesn't love it.
- You are creative, find new solutions and better ways to do things.
- You work better than an avg person in that field and earn good salaries as well
- You are interested and content with what you do
Beginning learning something new can be scary. With time you will get the hang of it. Results compound over time. Going to the gym for one day doesn't make you fit. Going to the gym every day will make you fit and healthy. You need to be consistent and do it.
It's easy for you to say and hard to implement - I never claimed it's easy. If it were that easy, everyone in the world would be doing what they had loved.
For me posting this blog is something I fear. I don't know how you(the person reading) will react but then I have decided to take risks and learn. In my case, that's publishing this blog. For you, it might be spending your time and money on learning a new skill.
For the past few months, I have been trying to understand the purpose of life, what do we do, etc.
I began asking the question What can I change and I am still searching for the answer. My time management skills suck. I had gone through a bunch of resources on productivity, and creativity to improve my time management skills. And I realized how the two are closely related. I decided to share it with the world :)
I decided to bring a few changes in my life to be more productive and creative:
- to blog more consistently as it would be a better way to gather my thoughts, check how much I have learned something, or share what I think is useful.
- to be more active on socials and post more content
- new things and get better at what I already know
- to become more healthy by exercising more often
- to read more books
- work on side projects and practice more
I usually blog about front end development, vscode, and different projects I do; if this is something that interests you, you can follow me here and on Twitter