My application InvoiceMaker has officially been up for a month now. It is time to reflect on what I managed to do in the pas couple of weeks.
The main thing that I worked on is the accounts functionality. To handle the accounts creations and the login functionality, I chose to use passport.js and JSON Web Token. I use the local storage to keep track of the token send back from the server, coupled with an Express middleware, to verify the identity of the users.
So far, the only thing you can do when you have an account is to save your organisation's informations in a database. So, you don't have to re-enter your details everytime you need to create an invoice. Chances are these informations won't change too much over time, so having the possibility to save them felt natural.
I added an about page, because I suppose I'll need one at some point :D I just added a few questions some people may have, and their answers. Not quite sure where I want to go with this page yet.
- Finally managed to make the production build for React work in production. Couldn't quite figure out why it didn't work.
- Solved a font rendering problem on the generated PDF. I believe it was because I used a font that was not supported on Linux (Helvetica Neue), so the generated PDF falled back to a different font.
I didn't manage to set aside too much time to work on the project unfortunately. The next steps will be:
- Having the possibility to add a logo on the invoice.
- Start thinking about Stripe integration
Happy Coding :)