Hello guys, so i decided to start the kotlin series and today i'll be giving you an introductory class to it.
History of kotlin
• First appeared in 2011, Current stable release 1.3.41.
• On Feb 2012, open sourced.
• Kotlin v1.0 was released on 15 February 2016.
• At Google I/O 2017, Google announced first-class
support for Kotlin onAndroid.
• Kotlin v1.2 was released on 28 November 2017.
• On May 7 2019, Google announced Kotlin as a first
preferred language for Android app developers.
What is kotlin?
“Kotlin is a new programming language targeting JVM, Android
Modern and Statically typed
Interoperable with java 100%
Works anywhere java does
Object oriented and also a functional language too
Developed by Jetbrains( yea the geeks who build our loveable Android studio).
What's kotlin about?
• It is a fun language and costs nothing to adopt.
• Helps you to be more productive. No runtime
• Push from Google and Android community.
• Cool language features.
• Functional Nature. Solves nullability problem
KotlinEveryWhere( kotlin's usage)
• Android Developers (JVM)
• Backend Developers (JVM)
• IOS Developers (LLVM) - Haven't seen this in action though
• Windows Developer (LLVM) - Haven't seen this in action either
Well we will stop here today and brace yourself for another section(Kotlin basics).Thank you..
Drop comments if any and don't forget to share.
As we all know being a competent software developer or engineer means continuously learning throughout your career. It’s great! That makes this profession exciting and allows to escape everyday routine at work. In fact, it’s not a job anymore - it’s a lifestyle 👩💻👨💻