If you are a software developer as a student, professional or passionate, you will surely use a version manager to manage and manage your software projects. GitHub, BitBucket, GitLab, Azure DevOps, are some of the best known managers today. In this article I want to show you some information about GitKraken, a tool that allows us to fulfill these purposes in a graphic and simplified way.
What is GitKraken about? It is a powerful and elegant multiplatform graphical interface for Git developed by Axosoft, as an alternative to the command line. In a very simple way we can keep a complete track of our repositories, see branches, tags, create new, all the history of our work, commits and so on.
Something very interesting about GitKraken, beyond the visual, is that it is multiplatform. It is currently available for Windows, Linux and Mac. Among its most relevant features are the following:
• Built-in fusion tool.
• Integrates with a user's GitHub or Bitbucket account, GitLab.
• Supports undo and redo functions with one click Keyboard shortcuts.
• It allows to manage several profiles at the same time.
• Tree with the history of highly functional commits, being able to manage your branches and commits directly on it to have a visual form of the changes you are making.
• It has a simple, intuitive and customizable interface, with two themes to choose from: Light and Dark.
With regard to the tool, it has a free version and a paid version for its PRO version, but generally we will only need the free version to carry out personal projects without many problems, since the functionalities are the same.
In the end, GitKraken will be a great help for managing versions of our projects in a graphic and simplified way. To download the tool we can do it from the official website of GitKraken or in the following link: https://www.gitkraken.com/download