I'm embarrassed to admit that when I initially setup my Grav blog, I did so without much forethought. My entire home page was coded directly into the WYSIWYG. It was pretty simple so I got away with it for a bit.
It wasn't until I went to update my "Recent Essays" section today that I realized how poorly I had setup my homepage. So I spun up my local environment and got to work on a quick fix.
Using this post I found in the Grav documentation, I was able to take the first example and tailor it to my needs with ease. I came up with the following:
And with that, I no longer have to worry about manually updating my homepage every time I write a new blog post. I simply write, publish, and call it a day.