I'm in the process of migrating to Microsoft Edge now that it's using the free & open-source Chromium. I initially reviewed the browser extensions that I'm actively using in Chrome and manually installed whatever I could from the Microsoft Edge Addons.
I'm using the developer version of Edge and was prompted to optionally sync all of the Chrome extensions, so I did. I then deleted anything that wasn't already installed from the Microsoft Edge store. Everything appears to work fine except for the Authy extension which seems to be dependent on their Authy Chrome App. (I switched to the desktop version since Chrome Apps are being phased out by 2022.)
I use a couple one-letter shortcuts in the address bar to quickly go to my favorite websites. The default search engine is Bing and I wanted to make some edits. The options seem buried compared to Chrome which lists "Search engine" as a primary navigation option. To find it, go to
Settings > Privacy and services | Services | Address bar.
I'd thought I'd share the extensions that I'm using as a ColdFusion/CFML web application developer. Enjoy!
- Web Developer : Adds a toolbar button with various web developer tools.
- Share Extensions : Export your favorite Google Chrome™ extensions as BBCode, HTML, Wiki, Markdown or text. Share extensions via Twitter, Google Mail™.
- Remove fbclid : Gets rid of annoying fbclid
- Click&Clean : Deletes typed URLs, Cache, Cookies, your Download and Browsing History...instantly, with just 1-click on Click&Clean button!
- Empty New Tab Page : With this extension, new tabs display a blank page instead of the usual new tab page with thumbnails.
- uMatrix development build : Point & click to forbid/allow any class of requests made by your browser. Use it to block scripts, iframes, ads, facebook, etc.
- Page load time : Displays page load time in the toolbar
- Website IP : Simple script which places the IP of the current website in the bottom right.
- Adblock Plus - free ad blocker : Download Adblock Plus, one of the world's most popular ad blockers.
- Page Refresh : Automatically refresh your pages. Customizable and super easy!
- RoboForm Password Manager : RoboForm, the #1 ranked Password Manager makes your life easier by remembering passwords and logging you into websites automatically
- Evernote Web Clipper : Use the Evernote extension to save things you see on the web into your Evernote account.
- webhint : Quickly test your website to see if there are any issues with accessibility, browser compatibility, security, performance and more.
- HTML Validator : HTML Validator
- YOURLS : Shorten URLs with your own YOURLS instance
- Personal Blocklist (by Google) : Blocks domains/hosts from appearing in your Google search results.
- User CSS : A quick and easy way to add custom CSS to the current web site.
- Diigo Web Collector - Capture and Annotate : Bookmark, Archive, Screenshot & Markup - All-In-One Web Collector, must-have research tool
Disabled Extensions: 5
- DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials : Privacy, simplified. Protect your data as you search and browse. *Permissions are to block hidden trackers lurking everywhere.***
- Save As MHTML : Save As MHTML
- Authy Chrome Extension : Authy: Two-Factor Authentication from your PC
- Tampermonkey : The world's most popular userscript manager
- SingleFile : Save a complete page into a single HTML file
Exported with Share Extensions for Google Chrome™