Happy Independence Day to our American listeners! Mark Mandel is back today as he and Gabi Ferrara interview Bill Creekbaum of Informatica to learn how they work with Google Cloud for a better big data user experience. Mark Mirchandani is hanging around the studio as well, bringing some cool things of the week and helping with the question of the week!
Informatica provides data managing products that offer complete solutions focusing on metadata management, integration, governance, security, data quality, and discoverability. Bill’s job at Informatica is to ensure these products really take advantage of the strengths of Google Cloud Platform. One such example is a product that allows customers to design in Informatica and push their projects to Cloud Dataproc. Informatica also offers similar capabilities in BigQuery. When moving data from on-prem to the cloud, customers can use Informatica and Google Cloud together for a seamless transition, cost savings, and easier data control.
Together, Informatica and Google Cloud can also facilitate the acquisition of high quality data. To have better, more trustworthy output, data inputed needs to be safe to access, have few or no duplicates and null values, and be complete. To achieve this, developers usually use a combination of the Informatica tools Intelligent Cloud Services, Enterprise Data Catalog, and Big Data Management, and the Google tools BigQuery, Cloud Storage, Analytics, Dataproc, and Pub/Sub.
Bill’s closing advice for companies comes in three parts: take stock of the data you’ve got, set goals, and develop a well-rounded team.
Bill Creekbaum is Sr. Director of Product Management for Cloud, Big Data, and Analytic Ecosystems at Informatica. He is focused on delivering market leading unified data management platforms and services that help customers take advantage of their greatest assets, data. Bill has been in product management and product marketing for more than 20 years and for the past 10 has been focused on successfully delivering SaaS and Cloud Applications to the market. Prior to joining Informatica, Bill has worked at SnapLogic, GoodData, Oracle, Microsoft, Mindjet, and more. See more of Bill’s experience on LinkedIn.
- Google Cloud + Chronicle: The security moonshot joins Google Cloud blog
- GCP Podcast Episode 135: VirusTotal with Emi Martinez podcast
- Introducing Equiano, a subsea cable from Portugal to South Africa blog
- Kubernetes 1.15: Extensibility and Continuous Improvement blog
- Future of CRDs: Structural Schemas blog
- See how your code actually executes with Stackdriver Profiler, now GA blog
- Informatica site
- Informatica for GCP site
- BigQuery site
- Cloud Storage site
- Cloud Dataproc site
- Intelligent Cloud Services site
- Enterprise Data Catalog site
- Big Data Management site
- Google Analytics site
- Pub/Sub site
- Google Cloud & Informatica: Accelerate your Data-Driven Digital Transformation webinar
- Informatica for Google BigQuery data sheet
- Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services for Google BigQuery site
Gabi is done traveling.
Mark Mirch’ is working on Stack Chat.