As mentionned in the title, this is the 2nd part of my notes about Google Course "Foundations of Project Management", here you can find the 1st part.
Six Sigma : Reduce variations by ensuring that quality processes are followed every time. Below the 7 key principales :
- Always focus on client
- Identify and understand how work gets done
- Processes flow smoothly
- Reduce waste and concentrate on values
- Stop defects by removing variations
- Involves & collaborate with team
- Approach improvement in systematic way
Organizational structure refers to the way a company or organization is arranged or structured. There is 2 type of organizational structure :
- Classic : Top down hierarchy, CEO has direct authority over several department manager
- Matrix : Employees can have 2 or more manager
shows relation between people and groups within the organization and details who person or groups reports to.
Organization’s culture provides concepts and acts as a guide for what their people value, how they operate on a daily basis, how they relate one to another…
is the process of delivering a project and getting people to adopt. When project managers understand change management and their role in the process, it helps to ensure a smooth rollout and easier adoption.
Advisory board or council to help the Project Managers and the company make and approve strategic decisions that affect the company and the project.
I Hope that those 2 posts will help you to have an overview of the Coursera Course "Foundation of PM" By Google.