It looks that we'll never run out of VS Code best extensions posts and lists, right? As an daily user of VS Code I think I can related with the feeling of share with other people how amazing some tools are and help boost our productivity in some many forms and ways that we wouldn't guess.
As a web developer and mostly focused on NextJS working with style-components and TypeScript, my arsenal of tools may not be everyone's cup of tea but more and more helping others and teaching, I decided to create an extension pack to better share my weapons of choice. After that you can just uninstall that you don't use it or even needed. After all, there's no size fits all, even more with such personal as is the development space in which we program.
This is all the extensions on my greatest hist lists, I'm sure most are very well known, others are more niche but super helpfull.
- Auto Close Tag: Automatically add HTML/XML close tag, same as Visual Studio IDE or Sublime Text
- Auto Rename Tag: Auto rename paired HTML/XML tag
- axe Accessibility Linter: Coding for accessibility made easy.
- Better Comments: The Better Comments extension will help you create more human-friendly comments in your code
- Blockman - Highlight Nested Code Blocks: Mark/Highlight code blocks
- Bookmarks: It helps you to navigate in your code, moving between important positions easily and quickly.
- Code Spell Checker: Spelling checker for source code
- Color Highlight: Highlight web colors in your editor
- DotENV: Support for dotenv file syntax
- Git Graph: View a Git Graph of your repository, and perform Git actions from the graph.
- GitLens — Git supercharged: Supercharge the Git capabilities built into Visual Studio Code — Visualize code authorship at a glance via Git blame annotations and code lens, seamlessly navigate and explore Git repositories, gain valuable insights via powerful comparison commands, and so much more
- File Utils: A convenient way of creating, duplicating, moving, renaming and deleting files and directories.
- indent-rainbow: Makes indentation easier to read
- Jest: Use Facebook's Jest With Pleasure.
- JSON to TS: Convert JSON object to typescript interfaces
- Markdown Preview Enhanced: Markdown Preview Enhanced ported to vscode
- markdownlint: Markdown linting and style checking for Visual Studio Code
- Material Icon Theme: Material Design Icons for Visual Studio Code
- Next.js snippets: snippets for nextjs
- Paste JSON as Code: Copy JSON, paste as Go, TypeScript, C#, C++ and more.
- Path Intellisense: Visual Studio Code plugin that autocompletes filenames.
- Prettier - Code formatter: Code formatter using prettier
- Sort JSON objects: Sorts the keys within JSON objects
Template String Converter: Converts quotes to backticks when a
- Thunder Client: Rest API Client for VS Code, GUI based Http Client
- Todo Tree: Show TODO, FIXME, etc. comment tags in a tree view
ctrl 'on win/linux) will cycle the first quote pair found
- Trailing Spaces: Highlight trailing spaces and delete them in a flash!
- TSLint: TSLint support for Visual Studio Code
- Visual Studio IntelliCode: AI-assisted development
- vscode-styled-components: Syntax highlighting for styled-components
To install, just go to the Visual Studio Marketplace and smash the Install button.
Happy coding everyone 😃