In the next four weeks, I'm planning to start a challenge it will be called #4weeksOfShopifyDev. In this challenge, I'll write technical articles related to the Shopify theme and app development.
The majority of the upcoming articles are from previous Shopify store clients I worked with
In today's article, I'll be talking about how to allow your Shopify store customers to edit their info without calling your customer support.
To allow your customers to edit their info, we have two solutions
Inject the code on an exciting page
Create a new page to edit the profile
In this article, I'll go with the second solution.
- Create a new page template it will be called edit-profile
- Inject the Shopify app code to display the form
- Create a new Shopify page and choose the page. edit-profile as page template
- Now, we have the edit account form loaded as we want, but we need to match the style of the form to our design
- Click on the settings dropdown menu and choose custom css
- Inspect the console on the edit profile page
- Style the input and label element with your own css style and paste them into the app
I hope you find this article useful. I'll be writing more technical in the next 4 weeks. if you joined me in this challenge,
You can find me on