We want to introduce BitMaelum (https://github.com/bitmaelum): a privacy and security focused mail system written from the ground up. Its goal is to combat many of the pain-points found in the current email landscape: spam, privacy, mail/account ownership, etc.
Some of the features:
- Complete end-to-end encryption of mail, including meta-data.
- Combatting spam through a proof-of-work type system.
- Ownership of your bitmaelum address.
- Users, not the list owners, manage mailing lists subscriptions.
- Mobile friendly.
- Automation is made possible through events and webhooks.
We have developed a system that we think is ready for our first developer release: our "hello world" release. The system consists of a mail-server, a mail-client, and some supporting tools. The quick start will guide you into creating an account to test the system. We like to invite developers and everyone interested to try out the system, leave feedback, or even help us implement new features and bugfixes.
For more information, please take a look at our website: https://bitmaelum.com, our GitHub account https://github.com/bitmaelum/bitmaelum-suite, or send us an email via firstname.lastname@example.org or through bitmaelum: bitmaelum!