In an attempt to keep this somewhat brief, I'll only be listing details about my preparation for passing the AWS Certified Security - Specialty exam. I won't go into the services as there are plenty of resources out there that will list them AND provide links directly to the AWS white pages for those services (I will, however, include a few links at the end for those resources).
- AWS CCP
- AWS SAA (this certification helped significantly as it touched on almost every service covered in the Security exam, albeit, at a lesser depth)
- ~3 months of on and off studying
- Whizlabs Security Specialty Video Course
- Whizlabs Security Specialty Practice Tests
- TutorialDojo Practice Exams
- TutorialDojo AWS Security eBook
- AWS re:Invent 2020 Security Sessions
- AWS re:Invent 2020 Security Jam - numerous free labs in which you have to navigate around the console and answer security-related questions to scenarios. Got hands-on work with the security-related services and concepts within AWS
- AWS re:Inforce 2019 YouTube videos - this playlist is entirely too long to listen through all of it, but you can pick and choose talks that align with services you need additional details on
I started my preparation by going through the Whizlabs video course and putting on the re:Invent and re:Inforce sessions in the background while I worked. I attended as many re:Invent security sessions as I possibly could and participated in all of the security Jams. I then went through the Whizlabs practice tests and the TD practice tests. To wrap up everything, I read through the study guide provided by TD. I think that all of the materials I went through were very useful for the exam - the TD eBook especially as it covered all of the services/domains and potential questions I would face on the exam.
Let me know your thoughts and if this was helpful!