- fast and safe
- typescript support
- new dependency management system
- best adaptation of ecmascript
Over time, technologies evolve and improve, this is the case of nodejs and one of the most common improvements is that we will avoid the tedious node_modulos folder and it will no longer be necessary to have 1gib of modules since it does not handle the modules in the cache. better way.
- Secure by default. No file, network, or environment access, unless explicitly enabled.
- Supports TypeScript out of the box.
- Ships only a single executable file.
- Built-in utilities like a dependency inspector (deno info) and a code formatter (deno fmt).
- Set of reviewed standard modules that are guaranteed to work with Deno.
Shell (Mac, Linux):
curl -fsSL https://deno.land/x/install/install.sh | sh
iwr https://deno.land/x/install/install.ps1 -useb | iex
brew install deno
choco install deno
scoop install deno
Build and install from source using Cargo:
cargo install deno --locked
Try running a simple program:
deno run https://deno.land/std/examples/welcome.ts
Or a more complex one:
The project grows more and more every day and more projects are adopting it, however, it is not still a very green project that is just bearing fruit.