Boost your JupyterLab with these tips!
This publication is a list of extensions that can facilitate the use of the JupyterLab IDE; here are the tips:
This extension shows the variables used and their values.
This extension automatically generates an index in the left area when you have a notepad or markup document open
This extension allows version control via the interface using git
This extension makes it possible to create and display various interactive maps.
With this extension, we can monitor the utilization of the resources of RAM and CPUs
This extension makes it possible to view XLS, XLSX, ODS, and CSV files.
This extension facilitates the interaction of Pandas Dataframe type objects.
Language Server Protocol(LSP)
This extension adds several functionalities to JupyterLab being:
- Hover Hover your mouse over any part of the code; if an underline appears, you can press Ctrl to get a tooltip with the function/class signature, module documentation, or any other information that the language server provides
- Diagnostics Critical errors are underlined in red, warnings in orange, etc. Mouse over the underlined code to see a more detailed message
- Jump to Definition Use the context menu entries to jump to the settings
Place the cursor over a variable, function, etc., and all uses will be highlighted.
Certain characters, for example ‘.’ (Dot) in Python, will automatically trigger completion
- Automatic Signature Suggestions Role signatures will be displayed automatically
- Kernel-less Autocomplete Advanced static analysis autocomplete without a running kernel
- Rename Rename variables, functions, and more in both: notepad and file editor. Use the context menu option or shortcut F2 to invoke.
- Diagnostics panel Sort and switch between diagnostics using the diagnostics panel. Open it by looking for “Show diagnostics panel” in the JupyterLab command palette or the context menu. Use the context menu on the panel lines to filter diagnostics or copy your message.
This extension creates a debugger and test interface within JupyterLab.
This extension makes it possible to view HTML files
This extension makes it possible to create customized diagrams.
These are some of the many options that exist to customize the use of JupyterLab, and you? Use any different extension? Recommend any?
Follow me on Medium :)