There’s no doubt that Magento 2 is adding the much-needed fuel to eCommerce stores across the globe. While sky-rocketing the experience for both end-users and merchants has helped it gain tremendous attention, there are still online sellers muddled whether to board the Magento 2 ship or not.
But you need it!!
Besides the functionalities it offers, you also need Magento 2 migration services due to the announcement of the end of life. Having said this, before Magento ends its support and upgrades for Magento 1 in June 2020, you’ll have to make the decision, start the migration process, and go live with Magento 2 before the mentioned date.
Time’s running fast!! You must be faster!!
Considering the same, we thought of helping you a bit with your Magento 2 migration journey. While most of the blogs are about technical aspects like theme migration, data migration, etc., with this blog, we would like to share some of the points that are often overlooked thinking unimportant. Here’s our list of five simple steps that will help you migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2. Let’s have a look:
- Know Why You Need to Migrate: Accept the fact that just 'End of Life' can’t be the only reason to migrate to Magento 2. The upgraded platform offers hosts of features and benefits. List down yours and keep them handy as you’ll need them soon.
- List Down Your Expectations and Requirements: While this may sound a bit similar, but here you need to have a thorough in-depth analysis of anything and everything that your commerce incorporates and will need to grow your business.
- Find a Solution Partner: When it’s about Magento, you need a Magento Solutions partner only. It’s not that you can’t get it through other service providers, but the rate of successful implementation is a way too high with a certified partner. You can go to Magento’s official website and surf through their partner section. Choose a partner that you find is best.
- Migrations and Customizations: Once you have a partner on-board for your project, you need to share the details you collected in step one and two. It isn’t like your solutions partner won’t do the same, but the points you’d share will help him understand your expectations and will eventually decrease the overall migration time.
- Test Before They Taste: Once the migration process is completed, the actual phase comes. It’s testing the functionalities and overall experience while using your revamped store. Ensure testing the same through different scenarios, and pen down the loopholes if any. This point might be sitting at the last position here but undoubtedly is of great importance as this will determine the future of your commerce.
While your Magento solutions partner will look after other vital inclusions of your Magento 2 migration process, it is important for you to have some basic knowledge. These we just a few out of many others, which are based on different scenarios and kinds of commerce. In case you have any doubt, please feel free to ask us.