Am sure by now if you are more into Tech or Digital stuff you might already have come across this two terms, coding and programming. For a while I thought they were the same thing, but it took me sometime to understand there are differences between the two roles. This article is based on clearly explaining the differences in programming vs coding and how both these activities work collaboratively to develop the apps and sites.
Let’s explore these two and how professionals use them by first understanding what the terms mean, ‘What is programming?’ and ‘What is coding?’
It is the process of developing an executable software program that is implemented without any errors. It is the programmer’s job to analyze a problem in the code and provide solutions.
In order to come up with an application you will need to carry out a few steps including:
- deployment and
So it will be only fare to say programming not only deals with coding but also implementing algorithms.
Let's try and explain it in a more simpler way so as to get a better understanding. You can program the watch to wake you up at 8 AM. Also, you can program the AC to work on the temperature that you have chosen with the remote button that has codes at the backend to work on the given set of instructions by the user.
Coding is basically the act of translating codes from human language to a machine-based language. In order for one to become a coder, one should be able to write codes on different programming languages such as Python, Java, C and so on based on the requirement. With this knowledge you will be able to provide instructions and information to the computer.
Coding involves writing codes for creating a software program. Any sort of application, website, or game is a program.
- Basic Difference Coding is a part of programming that deals with creating codes from one language to another for the machine. Programming is the process of creating a program that follows certain standards and performing a certain task.
- Tools Coding doesn’t require so many software tools to be accomplished. Just a text editor would suffice. Programming requires document review and performing analysis along with coding that requires extra tools. The tools needed in the process are code analysis tools, code generators, databases, testing frameworks, compilers, GUI designers, assemblers, debuggers, and modelling algorithms.
- Expertise In coding coders are needed to have basic knowledge of programming languages, it's syntax and keywords. In programming experience in creating algorithms, modelling a problem, data processing and project management are some of the skills needed. He also applies his imagination and analytical skills for solving specific problems.
- Outcome While coding, the expected outcome is a simple solution or a small part of a project from a set of instructions given to a computer with a piece of code. On the other hand, after programming, the obtained outcome is a whole application, a software product, or a website that is ready to use.
If interested in logic then you can choose to announce yourself as a programmer and those good at memorizing and understanding thing can be a coder. It all matters within you to choose which field you would like to explore since computer science is a wide field and it's still evolving not stopping anytime soon, so enjoy your journey as you find your path.
It took me a while to understand whom I am, How long will it take you? comment below if you have figured out your path
If You have read this far I really appreciate, Help me to grow my community:
Check out my other Blogs too:
- Best Visual Studio Code Extensions For Web Developers
- Understanding Permissions On Linux
- Administrative Access Commands On Linux
- Why You Should Learn Linux
- Choosing The Right Python Framework for Web Development
- How To Get Started With Open Source Project Contribution
Do share your valuable opinion, I appreciate your honest feedback!
Enjoy Coding ❤