Look! I made more progress!
This week has mostly been bug-fixing and reverse-engineering the functionality of certain control sequences.
One method I've found very useful is opening
Terminal.app and running
$ printf '\e#8' # fill the terminal screen with "E" (no really) $ printf '\e[XXX'
to see what happens!
I'm slowly starting to realise (a) how complicated terminals are, (b) how tricky ANSI control sequences are as an API and (c) that I'm trying to write an ASNI-compliant terminal in Node.js...
This week's post is a short one, and I'll make sure to post another one ASAP.
Please feel free to leave a comment and share your thoughts and if you're keen for more posts like this, follow me! :)
See you next time folks, thanks for reading.