"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt
Some of us are working from home during this global pandemic. Going through a time where we are trying to stay productive and healthy all while facing uncertainties and new realities.
I hope my work from home routine and tips will help others who are still getting used to working from home. I hope you are all staying safe and healthy 💫
1) Wake up and stretch
2) Drink coffee and have breakfast
3) Meditate - I use the InsighTimer app
4) Work on a personal project
5) Start work
6) Take short breaks throughout the day - to reduce eye fatigue
7) Have lunch - Try not to eat at my desk
8) Finish work
9) Go for a walk - Listen to a podcast
10) Have dinner
11) Workout - I started the 100DaysOfFitness challenge to keep me accountable
13) Write down 5 things I'm grateful for
This routine helps me stay healthy, happy, and fulfilled. I try to follow it as much as possible and when I don't, I'm okay with it. Tomorrow is a new day.
- No news while working
- Snack on fruits, not candy
- Drink green tea in the afternoon instead of coffee
- If I’m really tired, take a short 15 minute nap in the afternoon
- Stand most of the day
- Jumping jacks
- Chase my dog around the house
- Do laundry
These past few weekends I have been resting and recharging. As much as I want to be extra productive now that we have more time at home, I remind myself that these times are not ordinary. We are living through a global pandemic full of uncertainties with every day news updates about people being laid off or getting sick. So it is okay to take time off when needed. Our health comes first.
It took me a whole week to adjust, acknowledge, and continue working towards finding a good routine for me.
No more slouching or staring at small screens 🤗.
I finally completed setting up my desk space. It has been a work in progress for about two years now and it has made a big difference. I have a standing desk, monitor, external keyboard and mouse, laptop stand, and salt lamp.
I'm grateful for my boyfriend and current employer who helped me pay for most of my equipment.
We can use our extra time exploring things we have always wanted to try or didn't have time for. We can meditate, do yoga, cook, read, or chat more with our loved ones.
May you be safe. May you be happy. May you be healthy. May you live at ease.
Again, I hope you are all staying safe and healthy during these times 💫
Let’s be friends on Twitter