My cable situation has gotten out of hand and I don't know how to fix it?!
I recently cleaned up my home cinema, but it involves a lot fewer components. My computer setup has all these bits connected together:
- Two desktop PCs (one no longer connected)
- Two laptops (one mainly disconnected)
- PS3 + PS4
- Mike + Preamp
- Webcam (must be connected/disconnected often)
- 2 Mice, Keyboard, 5 PS controllers lying around
- 5 phones, 4 tablets (all disconnected usually, but need to be connected/powered)
- Line mixer, amplifier, CD player, speakers (I need my music!)
- Music keyboard, guitar effects processor, pedals
- 2 routers, phone, KVM switch
- Likely some bits that I've forgotten and don't even need anymore
There's well over 100m in cabling, of all sorts, behind my desk. I keep looking at options to organize it but never found anything satisfactory. Most organizers seem to assume cables go a long distance before connecting devices, but mostly my devices are close together, and scattered everywhere. There is no regularity to my cable needs.
Has anybody managed to cleanup such a situation?