This will be a guide on registering and taking an online proctored Microsoft Certification Exam. (This guide will specifically follow the registration process for the AZ-900 Microsoft Azure certification exam)
1. Create a personal Microsoft account if you do not already have one. ( All Microsoft certificates earned are linked to this account. Do not loose access to this account)
2. Visit the Microsoft Certifications Exam Page and select the exam you wish to book from all certification exams.
- This page includes all the important details related to your exam. Make sure that you are familiar with these details.
- You may sometimes see about future exam revision dates related to your exam. Pay special attention to these dates.
Before continuing make sure you have disabled all adblockers, allowed popups and third party cookies and adobe flash from your browser. The Microsoft Dashboard webpages and Pearson exam schedule Webpages will not load unless you do so and still if you face difficulties, clear your browser cache and cookies.
- Complete the details of this page.
- Make sure to use your full name as in one of your Identification cards. On the exam day, Pearson requests you to upload a picture of one of your Identification cards. If the names of your profile and identification card are non-identical, you are not allowed to take the exam. You can read more details here.
- I personally had to contact Microsoft support to change my name due to a mismatch before the exam.
- Please note that your middle name will not appear in your badge or your Microsoft Certificate. If you wish to include your middle name, the trick is to include you middle name with a space after your first name in the First name field of the form.
- The other important field is your telephone number. Pearson will use this number to contact you on your exam date in case of any technical problems.
- If you are a student, you may be eligible for a student discount. Validate your eligibility through following the 'Get verified now' link.
- Verified Academic status will show a Green tick as above.
*You can run a system check to check compatibility of your device now or you can do this later. More details can be found here.*
- If you wish to do the exam in another language displayed above other than English, Check with the exam details pages whether the exam is available in that language.
- If you are unfamiliar with the the exam testing policies and requirements, read them through the links displayed in the above page.
- Once you select a date, you are able to see the time zone. Check whether you are in the right time zone or change it.
- Check whether you have selected the right time since exam time slots are available for both daytime and nighttime.
*If you have a voucher for your exam, you can use it here to make the payment.*
15. In the Next following page, you will be able to re-check all details one last time before placing your order. If any detail is incorrect, Cancel the order and make the necessary changes and retry.
After successfully registering for an exam, you will receive an email from Pearson vue about your exam registration and the steps to follow on the exam date. Microsoft Learn Dashboard Appointments section will update respectively as below with your booked exam details.
If you have any questions, Let me know in the comments section :)