It's time for OpenNMS On the Horizon!
In the last week we worked on lots of small bug fixes, packaging updates and improvements, adding detectors to discovery, reporting, and Helm.
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Markus worked on fixing report delivery to some email addresses.
- Patrick continued to work on fixing event parameter ordering.
- I wrapped up my work fixing up the OpenNMS
systemdservice file as well as adding Minion and Sentinel native
- Ronny fixed up a bunch of compatibility and installation issues in the documentation.
- I fixed an issue with upgrades when moving to the new monolithic Minion RPMs.
- Chandra fixed an issue where kafka sync API chunks could be processed twice if a retry has occurred.
- Christian fixed an issue with alarm clearing and BSM.
- Chandra continued his work on being able to run detectors as part of the discovery process.
- Alejandro fixed a configuration issue where the
JMX-Cassandraservice could be shown as "down" even if only one instance in the cluster is down.
- Alejandro fixed a bug in the event description for
- Patrick worked on cleaning up the rest of our Karaf shell commands to start with
- Ronny worked on a bunch of doc updates to default to CentOS 8 for RPM installs.
Web, ReST, and UI
- Markus worked on fixing Reportd-generated reports not being downloadable in the new UI.
- Markus worked on adding support for sending a generated report to a URL as a webhook.
- Markus continued work on his proof-of-concept universal search bar.
- I worked on fixing Helm to work with Grafana 6.4.
NETHINKS will be offering German-language training in their headquarters in Fulda, Germany the week of October 21st.
For more details or to sign up, see the NETHINKS training page.
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future OOH, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
- NMS-9842: Documentation typo for /rest/ifservices on the developers guide
- NMS-10027: The JMX-Cassandra service goes down for all the cluster when a single instance is down.
- NMS-10184: deleting a BSM monitor while an alarm is active doesn't clear the alarm
- NMS-10582: snmp authentication error traps with Enhanced Linkd / bridge discovery
- NMS-12263: Refactor Event Timestamps to ISO-8601 Format (Breaking Change)
- NMS-12299: Create proper systemd files for OpenNMS, Minion and Sentinel
- NMS-12302: BSM simulation mode does not reset the last state
- NMS-12337: Reportd generated reports cause: "No bean named '' is defined" in Persisted Reports
- NMS-12342: Delivering a report with "-" in local part of email address is not working
- NMS-12348: Update installation guide to CentOS 8