On Instagram when you bookmark a photo, it shows a snackbar on top of it. Today, we’re going to build a similar experience in Flutter without using any external dependencies & with minimal code!
So, let’s get started. 🍕🍫
Create a fresh new flutter project:
flutter create snackbar_snackbar_everywhere
After that, remove everything from main.dart & paste the following content:
- In this code, we start off with the MaterialApp & the main Scaffold.
- The main Scaffold’s body contains a ListView.
- Each ListTile consists of a Container whose child is another Scaffold.
- Each of these child scaffold’s have a unique GlobalKey so that a SnackBar can be shown using that key whenever ListTile is tapped 🐍.
- You can play around with the code on this dartpad ** 🎯**.
You can find the complete source code in the above gist or dartpad.
If you find this byte-sized post useful, press👏 button as many times as you can and share this post with others. You can leave your feedback/suggestions in the comments 💬 below.
For any other issues feel free to reach out to me via Twitter: https://twitter.com/piedcipher