Recently I started creating a clone of Windows 11 for web in Preact. My main focus while creating this clone was performance. It must work smoothly even on a low end device (like mine).
The UI isn't complete yet. I'll be working on it in my free time. My focus while creating this is maintainability and Performance. Anyone with a basic level react knowledge should easily understand the code.
Here's the stack I used:-
- Preact (For smooth runtime performance)
- ViteJS (For smooth development performance)
- CSS modules (I know frameworks would have been better. But I wanted some control and Performance Babe!)
- TypeScript (Obviously :)
Try it out here -> Windows 11 Web
I'll recommend you to contribute or atleast check the code. You'll learn something :)
Awe-amazing Windows 11 clone. Oh wait, Not for your Computer, but for the web! ⚡
Windows 11 Web
Awe-amazing Windows 11 clone. Oh wait, Not for your Computer, but for the web!
Try Windows 11 Web:- win11.vercel.app
This isn't ready yet, and who knows when it will XD
Microsoft launched their newest version of Windows and I was very excited to test it out. So I made this!
BTW, This project was inspired by Macos Web
And to all the Super-Awesome contributors!
(tbh, finding suitable icons is the most difficult part of making this project)
Some similar, but super awesome projects!
- Windows XP Web by sh1zuku
- MacOS Web by Puru Vijay
- Ubuntu Web by Vivek Patel
- Windows 11 web, but with no-code by Manivannan
- Blur not working in Firefox browser.
about:configin your firefox…
You can follow me on twitter to follow the progress @piyushsthr.