Hello, In this post we will be covering what is a CDN and why should consider it used on your website
A CDN or content-delivery network refers to a geographically distributed group of servers that work together to provide fast delivery of Internet content.
Basically a CDN faster your site by 10%(depends on the CDN network)
- Improving website load times - By distributing content closer to website visitors by using a nearby CDN server (among other optimizations), visitors experience faster page loading times. As visitors are more inclined to click away from a slow-loading site, a CDN can reduce bounce rates and increase the amount of time that people spend on the site. In other words, a faster a website means more visitors will stay and stick around longer.
- Reducing bandwidth costs - Bandwidth consumption costs for website hosting is a primary expense for websites. Through caching and other optimizations, CDNs are able to reduce the amount of data an origin server must provide, thus reducing hosting costs for website owners.
- Increasing content availability and redundancy - Large amounts of traffic or hardware failures can interrupt normal website function. Thanks to their distributed nature, a CDN can handle more traffic and withstand hardware failure better than many origin servers.
- Improving website security - A CDN may improve security by providing DDoS mitigation, improvements to security certificates, and other optimizations. Note: only some CDNs prove this function
- Cloudflare is one of the free and used by top companies like Discord, FontAwesome
- KeyCDN(Use this link to get a free 10$ credit)
- BunnyCDN is one of the cheapest CDN
- StackPath is also one of the Top Most used CDN
- Fastly is the best CDN for Enterprises users