In this series of blog, we will study all the database management ( DBMS ) topics for interview purposes. this blog gives you only the insights and working explanation of each topic, we will not go in-depth of the topic
so let's start with #1 Topic
1) What is DBMS? How it is Different from Data Structures.
DBMS means Database Management System. DBMS is a software designed to store, retrieve, define, and manage data in a database.
DBMS software mainly works as an interface between the end-user and the database.
Let see an example of how a company maintains a database. it contains files for employees, clients, products.
The database is organized as these files:-
1) EMPLOYEE file contains the employee details such as name, designation, salary, etc.
2) CLIENT file contains the client details such as user details, membership details, etc.
3) PRODUCT file contains the product details such as product price, stock quantity, etc.
Types of DBMS
- Hierarchical database systems
- Network database systems
- Object-oriented database systems
- No-SQL or non-relational database systems
DATA STRUCTURES :
Data structures are a way of organizing data in the computer memory in an efficient way by using optimal time and space complexity. using proper data structure will speed up the performance of the software
Types of Data structures :
DBMS VS DATA STRUCTURES
By definition, you can understand DBMS used for storing and accessing data while data structure is used for managing and organizing data in an optimal way
DBMS stores data in permanent memory. Data structure stores data in temporary memory ( It is alive till the program is alive )
let's understand by example :
we are running a company and have a list of employees. for storing a list of employees we use DBMS and for searching data of the specific employee, we use a data-structures so that it performs in an optimal way.
thank you for reading : )
Top comments (1)