Finally made it to fetching some sort of match history. There is definitely a lot of refactoring that needs to be done, but for now, I am pretty content with what I got.
Things I completed today
server.tsto add an additional proxy route.
- Added a
Match.tsxcomponent which returns game_date and participants.
- Added a
Participant.tsxcomponent which will return a summoner's name from their
Summoner.tsxto test newly fetched data.
fetchLeague.tsURL to the updated proxy API.
fetchSummoner.tsURL to the updated proxy API and add in a new function to fetch summoner based on use
- Add a new fetch to get data of a single TFT match.
- Add a new fetch to get an array of matches.
There were a lot of issues at first because I was trying to do some data manipulation on stuff that was not fully fetched yet. I thought I was doing things right with
useSWR conditional fetching, but I just fooled myself, sorta. Lot's of
console.logs and chrome debugger to see what was happening and where my code was breaking. I landed on a solution that seems to work 100% of the time now. I think once I start breaking things down even further the pieces will start to come together and things will play nicer with each other.
For the future
At some point, I am going to want to save this data to some sort of state manager. Deciding between redux or React.Context. I am also wondering if this app will be possible with just
useState. I don't have a clear picture yet since I can do everything with fetching. Once I get to a "finalized" state of data that I am going to display I will decide on a state manager.
Top comments (0)