Since the program’s founding in 2021, XRPL Grants has awarded more than $10 million in funding to 100+ projects globally. XRPL Grants provides funding ranging from $10,000 - $200,000 USD equivalent for software development projects utilizing the XRP Ledger and beneficially to the wider XRPL community. Each team must have software developers as part of their core team, and all projects accepted must include some technical development and open-source components.
Announcing the Wave 4 Awardees
In Wave 4, XRPL Grants awarded $2.5 million in funding to 24 projects from across six continents, representative of the themes of sustainability and diversity, equity and inclusion, as well as general technical projects—all bringing promising new use cases to the XRP Ledger (XRPL). Learn more about all the Wave 4 Award Recipients here.
Applications are accepted during an open call for proposals and then reviewed by the XRPL Grants Judging Committee—an international panel of judges across web3, academia (including the University Blockchain Research Initiative (UBRI) as well as other specialized industries and sustainability focused organizations in Wave 4.
Spotlight on Wave 4 Sustainability Focused Projects
The XRPL Grants program is committed to supporting projects and solutions that are focused on sustainability and climate change by leveraging the carbon-neutral XRP Ledger. In Wave 4 XRPL Grants funded sustainability projects include:
Carbon Capture and Tokenization:
- Mangrove (Canada): XRPL-enabled inventory software built for Carbon dioxide remova (CDR) companies to scale the growth of their carbon markets.
- XRP Carbon Offset Toolkit (USA): XRPL-based NFTs backed by retired carbon offsets as incentives and at point of sale.
- ThingsGo.Online (Brazil): global rewards ecosystem for companies and individuals seeking to mitigate their environmental and social footprints, built on top of the XRP Ledger.
Additional funded projects in Wave 4 range from:
- E-commerce: wallets, payment systems, event ticketing, Shopify-related app
- Arts and Humanities: book publishing and collaboration, arts and NFT marketplaces
- Health & Wellness: athletic performance data and NFTs
- Pet Ownership: identification NFTs
- ID Verification/Fraud Protection: XRPL Account verification
- SDKs: Rust and Go language client libraries for the XRPL
To Wave 5 and Beyond!
Applications for Wave 5 will open in February 2023, the theme and focus for this wave will be announced at that time. In addition to new focused calls for proposals to be announced throughout 2023, XRPL Grants continues to encourage applications for sustainability focused projects, and projects from diverse contributors. We encourage interested developers and project teams to sign up for the email list at xrplgrants.org to receive program updates.
Interested in learning more about the XRPL and getting involved in the community? We encourage developers new to the XRPL to check out the lessons on the XRP Ledger Learning Portal, documentation on xrpl.org and join the XRPL Developers Discord to connect with the community.