Outsourcing has become a common practice in software development. It allows companies to keep up with technological trends, raising their customer satisfaction while avoiding time-consuming planning, extra development costs, and searching for suitable specialists.
Eastern Europe is one of the top outsourcing destinations due to low hourly rates and a great number of highly professional outsourcing vendors, demonstrating excellent competencies.
So, how not get confused and choose the best outsourcing software development company for your business? In this article, we will look into details of this outsourcing destination and help you to find an optimal solution for your company.
Eastern Europe is a fast-developing outsourcing destination that attracts a growing number of customers from all around the world. Let’s see the reasons why:
- Cost-effectiveness. Relatively low hourly rates and well-established modern infrastructure help companies reduce the budget without losing the quality of the product.
- Talent pool. The region has first-class educational institutions that prepare skilled technical specialists for different IT branches. Moreover, trying to stand tall in the tough market competition, East European developers stay aware of all the latest technological trends, providing their customers with innovative custom software development services.
- No communicative barrier. Most IT outsourcing countries in Eastern Europe were ranked with moderate or high English Proficiency Index. Therefore, when opting for this region, you don’t have to worry about the communicative barrier that can endanger the entire project’s success.
- Geographical position. Eastern European countries are considered nearshore destinations for Western Europe and the UK, bringing about convenient daily communication and fast traveling opportunities. When it comes to North American companies, traveling takes much longer, however, they can benefit from the time difference and establish a continuous workflow. ## Top Outsourcing Countries in Eastern Europe Having decided to outsource IT services in Eastern Europe, it’s time you choose a particular country. Let’s look into the main characteristics of the best IT outsourcing countries in this region.
Ukraine is one of the leading and fastest-developing outsourcing destinations in Eastern Europe. It has over 1K IT companies and about 180K professionals offering expertise in a vast range of spheres such as FinTech, gaming, healthcare, manufacturing, IoT, and others. This country is the birthplace of such popular startups as GitLab, Grammarly, Jooble, Readdle, etc. The majority of IT resources are gathered in the hubs such as Kyiv, Odessa, Lviv, and Dnipro.
Ukraine can boast over 100 R&D centers of the biggest international corporations such as Microsoft, Samsung, Apple, IBM, and others. Moreover, being in the list of “Top 30 offshoring and outsourcing destinations” by Gartner, and ranked the 4th in the world by the number of IT specialists, it continues attracting a growing number of customers worldwide.
Belarus has earned an excellent reputation as an IT outsourcing destination due to a high level of technical expertise and over 20 years of experience in the outsourcing field. This country is a home to more than 500 companies with over 35K specialists accumulated in the hubs: Minsk, Homel, and Mogilev. Besides, Belarus is expanding its talent pool with around 4K technical specialists graduating each year from over 50 high educational institutions.
This country has several products that have become popular worldwide such as Viber, World of Tanks, MSQRD, etc. Moreover, some of the Belarusian IT companies gained recognition from the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP) and were listed among the 500 world’s largest software and service providers, according to Software Magazine. Thus this country has much to offer in terms of quality and cost-cutting development.
Poland is another promising software development outsourcing destination. Its IT-sphere comprises over 500 companies and around 250K developers mostly presented in the country’s IT centers - Warsaw and Krakow. Poland offers both a growing pool of technical specialists and relatively low development costs, yet higher than in other East European countries due to a better level of life.
Being a member of the European Union, this country has a stable economic and political situation. What is more, the government is constantly enhancing the legal system to improve the country’s business climate. As a result, many international companies such as Google, Siemens, Motorola, etc. opened their R&D centers here.
Romania is one of the top outsourcing IT destinations in Eastern Europe due to its location, high-quality services, and high level of English proficiency among developers. It employs around 120K tech specialists, taking the 10th position worldwide regarding certified IT professionals.
After joining the European Union in 2007, it started to attract more tech companies such as Huawei, Microsoft, and others. Moreover, the Romanian IT-sphere gets much governmental support. One of the positive results is an increasing foreign investment flow due to the law on tax exemptions.
Since there is a vast number of IT companies present in the East European market, it can be challenging to choose one of them. Thus, to help you avoid confusion and make the right decision that will strengthen your company’s market position, we prepared a list of the best companies for software outsourcing in this region.
N-iX is a Ukrainian start-up founded in 2002. Its team consists of over 1K professionals delivering innovative and qualitative services to customers worldwide. Its partner list includes global industry leaders such as OpenText, Lebara, Gogo, Currencycloud, RateSetter, etc. For the last four years N-iX is listed among the best 100 Global Outsourcing Companies by IAOP and recognized by many industry rankings: Inc. 5000 Europe, Software 500, GSA, Clutch, and others.
- Media and Entertainment
- Retail, etc.
- Machine Learning and AI
- Business Intelligence
- Big Data
- Cloud solutions
- Embedded Software
- Enterprise VR production
- Mobile development: iOS, Android, .Net, etc.
SCAND is a custom software development company from Belarus. Since 2000 it has successfully delivered more than 700 projects of various scales, providing full-cycle tailor-made solutions for customers around the world. Over the 20 years of its existence, this company has compiled an impressive list of clients: FedEx, NASA, Bank of America, IBM, and many others. What is more, SCAND has also built some unique software solutions such as PubTyper, Flowrigami, and Outlook4Gmail.
- Digital Publishing & Printing
- Augmented and Virtual Reality
- CAD software development
- Core technologies: Java, .Net, PHP, C/C++, etc.
- Web development: React.js, Node.js, Angular, Vue.js, etc.
- Mobile development: Android, iOS, Kotlin, Xamarin, PhoneGap, etc.
Merixstudio is a Polish software development company ranked first among East European custom software developers, according to Clutch. Its team of over 200 specialists offers its customers a big variety of services, including end-to-end product development. Merixstudio can boast cooperation with Toshiba, Volkswagen, HSBC, and other companies.
- Travel and Hospitality
- Internet and Media
- Gas and Oil
- Real estate
- Web app development
- Mobile app development
- Product design
- Software development consulting
- Project management
- Quality assurance
- Support and Maintenance
- Python (Django, Flask)
- PHP (Symphony, Laravel)
- Cross-platform framework (React Native, Flutter)
IntelligentBee is a customer support, BPO, and software development company founded in 2010 in Romania. Its full-stack and customer support teams provide companies with robust software products and help them build skilled teams.
- Advertising and Marketing
- Information Technology
- Business services
- Web development
- Mobile development
- PHP, Symphony, Node.js, etc. for back-end development
- Android, iOS, Flutter for mobile development
Eastern Europe is a promising destination for software development outsourcing. It provides customers with a rich talent pool, high-quality services, and relatively low development costs. However, due to a wide choice of companies in the market, it can become quite challenging to opt for one suitable for your business.
Thus, before making a decision, you need to check out the merits and drawbacks of each country in this region and look for the best outsourcing companies using specialized websites and ratings. Comparing different options and aligning them to your company expectations will let you find the best contractor and enjoy the benefits of outsourcing development services in Eastern Europe.