In the previous part we have learnt how to add Azure Key Vault resource. Now we will learn how to add the authentication to the Key vault to access it.
Let's create a access-policy(principal) to access the store.
To add the access-policy we have to make the Authentication with the Active Directory.
Let's see how we can authenticate.
Go to resources and search for ADB2C.
Read more about ADB2C here.
Now we have successfully created the identity which can be used in Azure Key Vault for access.
- Select the template from the drop-down. Key, Secret, and Certificate Management. If you want to select only secret you can do so.
- Select Key Permissions which can be allowed for this access if Key Management has opted.
- Select Secret Permissions which can be allowed for this access if Key Management has opted.
- Select Certificate Permissions which can be allowed for this access if Key Management has opted.
- select Select Principal and search for the application which we created in ADB2C in the above steps.
We have authenticated our key vault by whom it can be used.
Let's write a simple flask app to fetch the secrets from the key vault in the next part of this series.