📩 We're sharing our most recent developer digest here on DEV! If you're interested in subscribing to monthly developer updates, sign up here.
Use Payment Links to sell a product or subscription in minutes. Create a full payment page in just a few clicks and embed the link or share it with your customers—no code required.
- Josh Ackerman, Payment Links PM, gives a detailed walkthrough of how to get started in a livestream with Automate All the Things.
- Shawn Wang provides a 3-minute explainer.
- Orlando Kalossakas shows how he uses Payment Links in an IndieHackers post.
- Stripe Identity: Identity is the easiest way for businesses to verify the identity of users around the globe. It can help with use cases such as preventing losses from fake signups, reducing account takeovers, catching malicious users, and more. Check out the API.
- Stripe Tax beta: We launched Stripe Tax to help businesses automatically calculate sales tax, VAT, and GST with one line of code or the click of a button.
- Tax IDs in Stripe Checkout: You can now collect tax IDs like VAT and GST along with business entity names in Stripe Checkout when creating your Checkout Sessions with a new API parameter.
- GrabPay: Businesses in Singapore and Malaysia can now accept GrabPay wallet payments through Stripe Checkout or via direct API integrations.
- Stripe Android SDK version 16.10.0: We’ve added a more accessible UI component for collecting card details. We’ve also added support for connected accounts when using Google Pay with Connect and support for using SetupIntents via the PaymentSheet. View the changelog.
- Stripe iOS SDK version 21.6.0: We’ve added a more accessible UI component for collecting card details.
Global payment video series: Watch our series of videos that walk through how to get started accepting payments on Stripe using local payment methods. We’ll add more payment method guides in the coming weeks—subscribe for new videos.
- The first step for accepting a one-time payment is to create a PaymentIntent on the server. Watch one of our seven server language guides to learn how:
Create a PaymentIntent with Ruby
Create a PaymentIntent with Python
Create a PaymentIntent with PHP
Create a PaymentIntent with Node
Create a PaymentIntent with Java
Create a PaymentIntent with Go
Create a PaymentIntent in .NET
- You can now learn how to confirm a payment on the client using Afterpay / Clearpay, Bancontact, OXXO and pre-authorized debit in Canada.
Confirm a PaymentIntent with Afterpay / Clearpay
Confirm a PaymentIntent with Bancontact
Confirm a PaymentIntent with OXXO
Confirm a PaymentIntent with ACSS
- Stripe Identity: Learn how to integrate Stripe Identity using a modal-based identity verification flow.
- Developer Office Hours: Learn how to add one-time fees when creating subscriptions with Checkout. You can use this to add one-time setup fees, additional features like support, or selling hardware that pairs with a software subscription.
- Common questions: In this new series, we’re answering the most common questions we hear from developers—watch short videos about how to use separate Stripe Elements for collecting card details or how to prefill cards on Checkout.
Separate card fields with Stripe.js
Prefill cards in Stripe Checkout
- Remote Ruby: Listen to a recent episode of the Remote Ruby Podcast with Stripe Developer Advocate CJ Avilla about Stripe Checkout, Taxes, Payment Links, and the new mobile payment sheet.
CLI protip💡: To help you iterate on your webhook handlers, the Stripe CLI lets you resend an event using
stripe events resend <evt id>.
The latest issue of Increment examines how developers can harness containers to build more flexible, resilient, and scalable systems.
- A primer on containers: Nočnica Fee from New Relic explores core technologies, the engineering needs they’re best suited to serve, and possibilities for the containerized future.
- Leadership as migration strategy: Stripe’s Tramale Turner offers people-centered considerations for teams considering a container migration and the leaders supporting them.
- Building on-demand staging environments at Paystack: The team shares how abstracting away Kubernetes’ complexities and building a visual interface for spinning up test environments boosted developer productivity.
- Stripe Flutter community SDK in public beta: With the new Stripe Flutter SDK, you can build secure payment experiences into your Android and iOS apps using Flutter. Learn more.
- Ultimate Stripe Tax Guide for SaaS [blog post from Ben Sears of Billflow]
- Using Stripe Payment Links with Notion and Zapier [video from @preshdkumar]
- Using Stripe Payment Links with Variant Universal [video from @ben_ferns]
- How I would use Stripe Payment Links to build a No Code Marketplace [video from Unicorn Factory]
- Stripe subscriptions with FastAPI and Jinja2 for Python [video from incompetent_ian]
- How I integrated 3D secure for recurring payments with Stripe [blog post from Takuya Matsuyama]
- Cashier Stripe v13 released for Laravel
- Building a Simple CRM using Django, Vue, and Stripe [two-part video from Code with Stein]
- Thank you to our top open-source contributors this month: mutecipher, Morriar, vinistock, Bo98, vaporyhumo, lugray, paracycle (sorbet); estalldecker, alexbudgh, hibariya (stripe-samples)
- Follow us at @StripeDev on Twitter for developer updates and answers to your technical questions. Let us know what you’re working on with the Stripe API!
- Subscribe to Stripe Developers on YouTube for developer office hours, live streams, and online workshops.
- Add us on DEV for how-to articles and past editions of the dev digest.
What would you like to see more (or less) of? Let us know by replying to this email. If you have questions, comments, or need help with code, we’re here to help via email, or on Discord, Twitter, or Stack Overflow. View our code samples on GitHub.
– Your friends at Stripe