📩 We're sharing our most recent developer digest here on DEV! If you're interested in subscribing to monthly developer updates, sign up on our Docs page.
Our new video series covers the fundamentals of topics like authentication, making requests, metadata, pagination, webhook helpers, and more so you can get started quickly with any of our official client libraries.
Check out the playlist for your preferred language:
- Link with Stripe: Customers can now securely save their payment information and pay with one click across thousands of businesses using Checkout. Returning customers check out more than 4x faster on average.
- Payment method autofill: For a faster payment experience, you can now pre-fill saved card and billing address details by passing the customer object as part of the Checkout session creation.
- Shipping line items: Checkout now supports shipping rates and shipping addresses so you can easily display shipping costs.
- Google Pay UI update: We now show a branded “Google Pay” button instead of the generic “Pay now” button when Google Pay is an option.
- API updates: For platforms, Checkout sessions now support the subscription_data.transfer_data parameter, which allows funds from subscription payments to be automatically transferred to a connected account.
- Custom policy information: You can now display your return, refund, and legal policies in Checkout to increase buyer confidence.
Other product updates
- Stripe.js: Stripe.js can now be used in secure non-browser frameworks such as Electron so you have more options for building cross-platform desktop apps.
- Connect updates: Instant payouts are now available in the UK for connected accounts of Standard platforms.
- Invoice updates: Invoices have been redesigned to match your branding and are attached by default to statement, receipt, and credit note emails.
- Businesses in Australia and Hong Kong can now accept payments from more customers around the world with support for China UnionPay.
- Stripe users in Canada and the United States can accept pre-authorized debit payments (PADs) from customers with a Canadian bank account using the Automated Clearing Settlement System (ACSS).
- Stripe is now available in the United Arab Emirates—please request an invite.
- Stripe Checkout in Rails with the Pay gem [video from Chris Oliver of GoRails]
- How to create a paid online community in less than an hour! [video from Romy Misra of Make Something with Romy]
- Breaking $1000 MRR with Damon from Testimonial.to and Payments! $1610 MRR with Abinaya from RemoteLeaf [video series from Orlando Kalossakas]
- Building marketplaces in Rails and Stripe Connect [podcast with Chris Oliver of GoRails]
- How to use Stripe's dynamic tax rate feature for EU VAT reporting [blog post from Coursemarker]
- Building a third-party SaaS metering and billing integration on AWS [blog post from the AWS Partner Network]
- Thank you to our top open-source contributors this month: joeltaylor, ybiquitous, gogainda (stripe-ruby); masterjus (stripe-php); westy92, msternow (stripe-android); ees37 (stripe-go); Fonata (stripe-cli); rdsedmundo (stripe-node); hibariya (stripe-samples); risentveber, vinistock, jaredbeck, ryanwilsonperkin, anandvc, RyanBrushett, paracycle (sorbet).
- Follow us at @StripeDev on Twitter for developer updates and answers to your technical questions. Let us know what you’re working on with the Stripe API!
- Subscribe to Stripe Developers on YouTube for developer office hours, live streams, and online workshops.
- Add us on DEV for how-to articles and past editions of the dev digest.