📩 We're sharing our most recent developer digest here on DEV! If you're interested in subscribing to monthly developer updates, sign up here.
The official Stripe React Native SDK is now in public beta to help you build delightful payment experiences in your native Android and iOS apps using React Native.
- Customizable UI screens and elements that can be used out-of-the-box to securely collect your users' payment details
- Support for Apple Pay, Google Pay, and local payment methods
- Native 3D Secure authentication to support Strong Customer Authentication
- Register for Stripe Sessions: Stripe Sessions is our annual conference for payments leaders, founders, and developers. We’ll share details on our future product direction and provide context on some of our most important recent launches. Register for free.
- Dev community survey: How do you prefer interacting with other developers when you have questions about Stripe? Let us know your thoughts and whether you’d like to participate in a pilot program in a 2-minute survey.
New prebuilt mobile payments UI: This new integration combines all of the steps required to pay—collecting payment details and confirming the payment—into a single sheet that displays on top of your iOS, Android, or React Native app.
- See an example of how to integrate on iOS using SwiftUI, Firebase Authentication, and Cloud Firestore.
- New Invoice editor: Use our new Invoice editor to preview invoices in real time as you customize them. Try it out in the Dashboard.
- Stripe Tax beta on Checkout: Fully automate tax calculation with a single line of code. Contact email@example.com to join the beta.
- Simpler subscriptions with Elements: You can use the new payment_behavior=default_incomplete value to create a subscription without a payment method attached. Learn more about the simplified billing flow.
- Dashboard enhancements: We’ve released updates to the developers section of the Dashboard including error grouping and filtering by type, clearer error messaging, and options for feedback. Check out what’s new.
- Android SDK update: The latest version of the Stripe Android SDK (16.5.0) now supports Kotlin coroutines.
Global payment video series: We’re working on a series of videos that will walk through how to get started accepting payments on Stripe across different local payment methods. We’re starting with wallet and card payments but will be adding more global payment methods in the coming weeks—subscribe to get notified of new videos.
- The first step for accepting a one-time payment is to create a PaymentIntent on the server. Watch a video in one of our seven officially supported server languages to learn how: Ruby, Python, PHP, Node.js, Go, Java, .NET.
- Next you can learn how to confirm the payment on the client using a variety of payment methods: Cards, Wallets (like Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Alipay), with more to come soon.
Developer Office Hours: Learn about Stripe Issuing, which lets you send payment cards to your users to pay for goods and services. We cover how to create cardholders and their cards and walk through a webhook implementation for approving or declining authorization requests in real time.
Technical documentation tips: Stephanie Blotner (Technical Writer, Uber) and David Nunez (Docs Manager, Stripe) discuss how early-stage startups should think about technical documentation.
- Laravel Cashier Stripe v12.13 added support for managing customer tax IDs.
- Stripe integration for eCommerce app in React Native & AWS Amplify [video from Vadim Savin of notJustDevelopment]
- Flutter Marketplace app with Stripe Connect [video from Muhammad Ahsan Ayaz]
- Setting up Stripe Checkout and email subscription with Flask and Code Capsules [blog post from Code Capsules]
- Thank you to our top open-source contributors this month: marcoscannabrava, viablecell (stripe-js), williammartin (stripe-node), jmarkowski, kronthto, hibariya (stripe-samples), alihussain5, Morriar, tophattom, richardxia, RyanBrushett, karmakaze, alexdunae, Bo98, kddeisz (sorbet).
- Follow us at @StripeDev on Twitter for developer updates and answers to your technical questions. Let us know what you’re working on with the Stripe API!
- Subscribe to Stripe Developers on YouTube for developer office hours, live streams, and online workshops.
- Add us on DEV for how-to articles and past editions of the dev digest.