First of all, here are some links to embedding charts online:
- How to Embed a Live, Refreshable D3.js Chart into GitHub Pages
- How To Create a Plotly Visualization And Embed It On Websites
- Embed an Iframe in GitHub Pages | Data Visualization for All
However, after carefully examining the situation, I found that we cannot do any of above here at dev.to -- my conclusion is that people are not able to embed online charts to dev.to yet, not even HTML iframes, see:
Describe the solution you'd like: I'd like to see HTML embeds in addition to social sharing, along the lines of how you can embed Tweets or YouTube videos with simple HTML (plus a script or iframe, respectively).
Describe alternatives you've considered:
- Adding oembed, Embedly, etc.
- Isn't viable for every site, especially not ones that I contribute to but don't own.
- Hand coding a pretty embed
- Not enough of a reason on the user end to do this.
Additional context: Would love to include a pretty dev.to embed in a blog post that is being posted in a couple days but unfortunately it doesn't currently exist.
However, charts are the most powerful way to convey ideas -- they say a picture is worth a thousand words.
Hope we can have online charts in our posts soon.