So if you're like me, you've been frustrated with trying to use your iPhone as a webcam on Mac Os using the continuity feature.
Sometimes you load up Chrome, and it just doesn't appear. You can use it in FaceTime, but Chrome doesn't have it as a selection. Well, I figured out a workaround, and all you need is one application.
OBS Studio! https://obsproject.com/
All you have to do is
- Go and download OBS Studio for your Mac Os.
- Open up, and you're presented with two sections at the bottom of the window called “Scenes” and “Sources”. You will want to add a new source.
- Click the “+” at the bottom of the “Sources” window
- Select “Video Capture Device”, and click Ok.
- Select your iPhone in the “Device” selection list. Click Ok.
You should see your webcam taking up the largest preview area. Everything you see in the preview screen will show up as your webcam.
- Next, click “Start Virtual Camera”
Now go back to whatever website or application you want to use your webcam. Go into the camera selection. And now you have OBS Virtual Camera as a selection. You hopefully have a reliable way to get your iOS webcam showing up consistently.
Top comments (0)