This week was another busy week for me. I was trying to get ahead in my other courses in anticipation of moving all of our Docker images in into a registry that we will be setting up. I planned on taking on a lot of the tasks involved with this process, hence why I was a little light on the issues to work on this week. I had meant to do a couple of reviews to make up for this fact, but the time got away from me, and a couple of the other projects took longer than anticipated. But I have gotten all I need to get done for reading week for my other courses, so I can dedicate a lot of time to getting this registry set up over the next week.
I did manage to get one tiny PR landed this week. It was a follow up PR that I had mentioned last week. I just had to update the
deployment file to mention the inclusion of the
Finally, the moment I've been waiting for. This issue had been on my list for a few weeks now, and we finally have the server in place and ready to set up as our registry.
I have done a lot of reading to get ready for this including:
I also gave my professor an ssh key so that I could make a secure connection with the private registry we are setting up.
This coming week is reading week at school. As mentioned before I will be devoting a lot of my non-work time to getting this registry up and running. I feel like this task is a bit beyond my current level, but there's only one way to learn these things, and that's by doing it.