During our internal hackathon at Armada, I created a Geocod.me which allows any developer to extract geolocation data from various inputs like text, image and IP. This service can also be used to forward and reverse geocode.
This idea came from frustration of not finding decent service in the Geocoding space. There are several services in the market which provide geocoding solutions, but most of them are either too pricey or lack precision.
- Get latitude and longitude from placename and address (Forward Geocoding)
- Get placename/address from latitude and longitude (Reverse Geocoding)
- Get locations from text (Geoparsing)
- Extract GPS and EXIF data from images
- Lookup your visitor/users's geolocation from IP
- Upload CSV with your location data and convert them to addresses (Bulk Geocoding)
Currently, I am looking for beta testers to try out Geocod.me and provide feedback.
If you think this service could help you or your company/organisation, and you want to try out beta while we refine offerings then please head over to Geocod.me and register for beta invites.
Geocod is free during beta period and there will be generous discounts when we launch for beta testers.
Please reach out to me via comment if you need more info, happy to talk.