React Native is very popular among its users for its user-friendly UI, operation speed and its effectiveness. It is very similar to React.js.
Comparison between React and React Native
- React manipulates DOM via Virtual DOM whereas React Native doesn't.
What is the need for React Native?
- It is used to develop applications for the web.
- It can be used for Android as well as iOS.
- Since React Native components have counterpart rights, you can reuse these components for building both Android and iOS apps.
- It supports multiple platforms.
- It is simple, quick, and convenient compared to React.
- It has good community support in the form of users and developers.
It is used by many big companies like Facebook, Instagram, Airbnb, Tesla, Bloomberg, Walmart, and many more.
Advantages of React Native
1. Cross-Platform - The biggest advantage of React native is its ability to work across multiple platforms. The same code developed for Android can be used on iOS as well.
2. Code Reuse - Working with React native can drastically reduce the number of resources required to build mobile applications.
3. Developer Experience - If you’ve ever developed for mobile before, you might be surprised by how easy React Native is to work with. The React Native team has baked strong developer tools and meaningful error messages into the framework, so working with robust tools is a natural part of your development experience.
4. Community - Since it is backed by Facebook, it gets timely updates and its community is expanding with each passing day.
5. Performance - Since it is UI focused, it makes the app load quickly and gives it a more fluid feel.
Disadvantages of React Native
1. Maturity - Since React Native is comparatively new, it still has a lot of things to improve upon. iOS support was released in March 2015 and Android support in September 2015.
2. Debugging - As React native introduces another layer to the project, it makes debugging difficult than before.
With the increase in the number of mobile phone users, demand for app developers will increase which will lead to an increase in app development. With an increase in development, companies will look to maximize their profits. For this, they need software that allows them to save costs and completes the job.
Similarly, developing apps on it is simpler comparatively and gives a better user experience. This will lead to more companies using React Native.
For those who want to know how to create an app, there are a few tips mentioned below
How to make your first React Native app: In this article, you will learn the basic idea about creating an app and the steps you need to follow.
How to create a stopwatch using React Native: In this article, you will learn how to create a stopwatch in React Native and the steps required to create it.
I hope this blog might help you in clearing your doubts regarding React Native and its importance in 2020.