Imagine one language that does all your needs for server side development. One that is light weight , has garbage collection , has a concurrency model. An easy and fast language. That is where Golang shines.
There are other reasons why people use golang:
- Performance: Usually, the main reason for the switch is performance and memory efficiency
- Concurrency: A very hard problem in programming and Golang makes it very easy.
- Simplicity: Looks somewhat like the C programming or Java programming languages, but doesn't have OOP.
- Tooling: Many great tools to make programming easy
- Trustworthy Backers: Backed by Ken Thompson
- Ecosystem: Many companies using Golang
Golang is the open-source and procedural programming language. It was started by Rob Pike, Robert Griesemer, and Ken Thompson in 2009.
Big companies use Golang like; Google, Uber, Twitch, SendGrid, Dropbox, and others.
Golang combines features of other programming languages.
- It is easy to use
- Develop an app, spend less time and money.
- High performance and a wider audience for your app
- Golang is easy to learn
- Clean and comfortable to read.
- It is more reliable
- Faster than other languages.
- High-level efficiency
- Advanced performance for networking