Just imagine what would they ask a published novelist, if they wanted to hire one:
- do you know what a comma is?
- please, tell me something about words.
- how do you write a word using letters? you know about letters, do you?
- could you please write a question? just any question.
And after he politely pointed out that he obviously knows all of that stuff and much more, they switch to "advanced" questions:
- have you ever heard of an "oxford comma"? (in a very suspicious voice)
That's my very recent experience with one very large international investment bank. Almost literally.