For this Hackathon I'm thinking of creating something for the "Built for Business" category.
An auto repair shop management system. I know a few local businesses that might make use of something like this.
For the MVP, the app will provide a simple admin interface allowing users to:
- view various metrics on a dashboard
- manually add staff members / import from csv or excel
- add contacts (who can either be clients or suppliers)
- add vehicles (attached to clients)
- add jobs (attached to clients and assigned to staff members)
- generate invoices for jobs based on the labor and materials required
- add appointments with clients
- send emails to contacts
Django + Postgres