I started to develop StretchShop because I wanted to create a solution that would not suffer from issues I was fighting in the past. I wanted something where:
- Tech-stack is narrow with crunchy, and well-known and easy to learn technologies.
- It can be easily scaled up or down.
- Data-source is fast, scalable, and can handle different models.
- Development is modern, fast, enjoyable, and not expensive.
- With open-source DNA and options for paid help available.
And here we are - after almost two years of developing it as a hobby. StretchShop is an open-source solution, that will introduce its first products soon, becoming a project for professional use.
I am trying to spread the word about it, even wrote two articles :-)
There's still a lot of work to do and like to get feedback and maybe find somebody who would like it and help to improve it.