X.app features 2 extensions for changing video mode:
- Picture-in-Picture Video Extension
- Fullscreen Video Extension
App Store download link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/x-app/id1533525753
Picture-in-Picture Video Extension activates PiP in all apps on iPhone and iPad:
- in Safari PiP is activated natively
- in other apps like YouTube and Chrome, video is transferred to in-app browser, which handles video presentation.
Fullscreen Video Extension activates native fullscreen UI for videos.
Unlike custom interfaces provided by YouTube and Twitch, native interface provide responsive scrolling toggle and skipping buttons, which can be useful for watching long videos.
Installation of extensions is really easy:
- select “Picture-in-Picture” or “Fullscreen” tab
- tap “Open Extension Picker”
- tap “Edit Actions…”
- add extension by pressing “⊕”
- tap “Done”
Extension is installed and can be used from any browser and app which supports sharing a URL via Share Menu can use X.app’s extensions.
As it has been mentioned, X.app has in-app browser, which handles PiP and Fullscreen modes, the URL with a video page can be entered:
- from the Clipboard
- via Quick Action on X.app icon.
Overall X.app provides complete experience for Picture-in-Picture and Fullscreen video modes, which are not provided or not available in majority of video apps.