There are two amazing sites with a similar setup, created by Richard Littauer.
theuserisdrunk.com is a service he offered, where he'd get drunk, and then review a site's design.
theuserismymom.com is a similar service, where his mom would use a website, and review it.
I thought it'd be cool to do a similar thing on a smaller scale on dev.to.
I'm visually impaired. On the desktop, I use a screen magnifier, and on my iPhone, I use VoiceOver, the built-in screen reader. Using these tools, I'll test out your web sites/applications, and record myself using them. This would be an informal accessibility review where I just look see how usable it is for me. I'm also open to doing this with IOS apps.
For now, I'm doing this for free, as I don't know how much valuable feedback I'll be able to give.
So post a link to a site/app, and I'll give it a try.
For the next month, I'm committing to doing one of these a week, I may do more.
- No porn or gambling sites, and no site containing otherwise explicit content. Use your own judgement here.
- I reserve the right not to try a site/app, or not to provide the service.
- If your app/site requires payment, I'm willing to test out the checkout flow if the amount is under $50, and you pay me the amount of the purchase in advance.
- The content of the site/app should preferably be in English. I'm a native Dutch speaker, so I'll take Dutch submissions as well, but English ones will be easier for others when watching the video.
- All videos of reviews will be made public.
When posting your link, feel free to add a number of tasks you want me to perform on your site/app