When switching between slack and Whatsapp, @rheaditi and I have found ourselves trying to use slack hotkeys to do things on Whatsapp Web way too often.
Introducing refined-whatsapp, a chrome extension that we built for ourselves and others like us. This extension adds:
- ⚡️ Hotkeys:
- Start a new chat with: "Cmd/Ctrl + K"
- Temporarily hide current chat with: "Cmd/Ctrl + L"
- Show/hide the Chats Sidebar with: "Cmd/Ctrl + \"
- Search through messages with: "Ctrl + Space"
- View chat info with: "Cmd/Ctrl + I"
- 🌚 Dark mode for Whatsapp™ Web!
The extension is available to download on the Chrome Web Store.
Check out our twitter post, which has a video 🎬 to see these hotkeys in action!
Abinav Seelan📣 Introducing refined-whatsapp 🚀
A chrome extension that adds:
‣ Dark mode for Whatsapp Web!
‣ Slack-esque hotkeys such as:
- Start a new chat: "Cmd/Ctrl + K"
- Temporarily hide current chat "Cmd/Ctrl + L"
- ...and more!
Download it here: bit.ly/2Zf9YUr11:55 AM - 17 May 2020
The code is open source! If you find any issues / have ideas, do feel free to report them on Github or raise a PR if you wish to contribute!
Supercharge Whatsapp™ Web with hotkeys and a dark theme
|Start a new chat / Quick search||
|Show/hide current chats||
|Show/hide chat sidebar||
|Show/hide chat info||
|Search messages in chat||
If you'd like to try this extension out before a stable release:-
- Setup the repo:
# clone the repo $ git clone email@example.com:campvanilla/refined-whatsapp.git $ cd refined-whatsapp # install && build $ npm install && npm run build # take note of the output directory, it'll be /path/to/refined-whatsapp/dist
- Head over to
- Select "load unpacked" & load the "dist" directory from above.
- Head over to
https://web.whatsapp.com/& check out the features!
If you want to…