Hi everyone 👋
Yesterday I started to learn more about TTD (test-driven-development) in JS. I checked out Mocha, supertest & assertthat and everything was very easy set up. I wrote some simple test cases (unit + integration) in Node.js, so overall it looked like a very nice strategy to increase the quality of the product/code (overtime). But then I asked myself, why I have never done this before? What kept me back? I always thought, that if you are the only developer of your side project it wouldn't make sense to write those tests because you would lose a lot of time instead of just trying out your idea.
That's why I would like to ask you:
- Do you apply testing in your side projects?
- Does it make sense to you?
- Have you benefit from that, what is your experience?
- Do go more for unit tests or more for integration tests?
- Do you test your REST API in this way or just hit the API by Postman as I do? 😅
Maybe you have some advice for me, let's discuss!
Already, thanks in advance!
Best, Nicho ✌️