TLDR It's not easy to redesign a website, you have to consider UI, UX, and a lot more. In this video, I go over doing a new design for the @traverseymedia channel where I try to combine designing thinking to come up with something new.
I used Figma to do this design, incorporating consistent styling between the twitter, youtube channel and website. We pull in colours and styles from the logo to create a look and feel that works uniformly between all sites. I also try to pull in ideas of what the brand should represent. With such a large audience and so many videos, I represented this through the hero banner which shows the scope of how much content there is.
In this tutorial I cover:
- Reviewing alternative designs
- Preparing a theme and colors
- Designing header, navigation, hero banner
- Designing main content area with videos
- Design thinking and UI, UX considerations
Special thanks if you subscribe to my channel :)