Boosting your team’s productivity is very essential for producing wholesome results and high-quality work. It goes beyond just allocating time, creating to-do lists or assigning tasks. Simple tools and team management software can come in handy when it comes to boosting the productivity of a team.
Today, there are several hundreds of apps and tools in the market, but not all of them are meant for you. The job of this article is to equip you with knowledge; giving you information onteam management software recommended for an enhanced productivity.
There are certain features that are necessary to maximize your team’s effort, they include the following; work scheduling, data storage, reporting & analytics, communication & collaboration and project management.
As a team leader, you can either combine as many single-feature software as you want, to form one integrated team management system OR you could decide to use just one all-inclusive software solution which would provide you with every feature you need.
The following are our top 15 picks from the hundreds of team management software available today.
*1.Weekly Timelog *
This software is one of the best known time trackers for developers. It is very useful for the collection of time logs, tracking of team’s progress and ensuring that the team leader stays on budget; as the app has the analytics to do just that.
- Auto tracking of all your daily activity.
- View all progress activity by team, project and contractor.
- Setting of project start and end times, deadlines and budgets.
- Know precise budgets in the moment and stay on track.
- Reviewing of cost analysis reports in one click.
- Traceability of time logs.
- Seamless app integration with Slack, Trello, GitHub, Asana, OneDrive, Hangout and several others.
If your team is one that needs to be in constant communication, then Slack is the perfect software for you. On Slack, you could set up notifications and create Slack channels in an attempt to get a better overview of every single project or task and to overall boost your team’s productivity.
- Setting up of reminders.
- Team communication and chats.
- Highlight words to be notified as soon as they pop up in your conversations
- Integration with DropBox or Google Drive in order to share files.
- Use of ‘@everyone’ tag to send messages to everyone on the team.
- Use of Slack bots.
- Free plan available.
- Paid plan (with access to more features) from $8 per user per month.
Scoro is an effective software solution that combines contact management, projects & tasks, team collaboration, billing, quotes and reporting. This helps to streamline the entire work progress and eliminates the need for different single-feature tools. It helps to store all your important information in one central place.
- Pre-set templates for quoting and invoice.
- Time tracking and billing for your work.
- Contact database and management.
- Customizable dashboards.
- File sharingand Communication.
- Task & project management.
- Shared team calendar for Meeting and work scheduling.
- Free for the first 14 days.
- $22 user per month.
As a team leader, this particular software solution would give you a detailed and comprehensive overview of every task and project that have been performed or are still being performed by your team members and even the contractors that were outsourced. It can also be used to create accurate invoices and also track items that have or have not been billed for.
- Ability to assign tasks to members of the team and get notified when those tasks are completed.
- User can build template for any job, defining all the resources and the common tasks required when starting the job.
- Task creation for different jobs, contacts, invoices and anything else in order to apportion them appropriately.
- $12 per month.
This software solution makes time tracking, staff assignment to tasks and project rescheduling a very easy job for the manager. It even offers an easy-to-use mobile application that you can use on the move toenables you, as a team leader, to communicate with your team members, complete tasks and track your time while doing so.
- Task allocation.
- Contact management.
- Quotes and invoice management.
- File sharing.
- Dashboard for workload overview.
- View of workload across different teams.
- $22 per user monthly.
Replicon place high value on time management. These software is designed to expand the importance of time tracking in business. It helps to manage workforce, keep customers very happy and also boost the productivity of the business.
- Management of shared services.
- Remote workforce.
- Time tracking.
- Labor costs and budgeting.
- Visibility into work.
- From $12 per users monthly.
This software is more of a time tracking tool than a team management software. It is one of the best time tracking tools. It offers a very simple user interface and easy to use features thereby making time logging for accurate expense tracking and fast invoicing easier.
- Time tracking from any browser on any operating system; Android, iPhone or Mac.
- Invoice creation based on time worked.
- Generation of real-time reports on time spent on a job.
- Integration of time tracking across other project management tools or software.
- Free plan available.
- Paid plans from $12 per users monthly.
Toggl is a stress-free employer timesheet and time tracker that can be seamlessly integrated with many different project management systems such as Scoro, Trello, and Asana.
- Work timer.
- Online and offline time tracking.
- Reports on team progress.
- Infinite projects and subprojects for accurate time tracking.
- $9 per users monthly.
Asana offers a very simple layout and a very easy to use interface. It is a combination of several elements including; file storage, team collaboration and project management across a team without using an email.
- Notification on project updates.
- Project dashboards for quick overviews.
- Task organization into projects for timelines and roadmaps.
- Work breakdown into task.
- Task assignment to team members.
- Review team’s milestones, and check progress of the team.
- Free plan available.
- Paid plans from $9.99 for each user monthly.
Teamwork is another notable timesheet software in the market. It helps team members and the team leader to estimate the time that might be needed to complete a particular task and also log the actual time used to complete that task. This feature helps the team members develop their abilities to accurately estimate how long it would take to get certain tasks done.
- Time tracking on the go.
- Time report generation with options to export.
- Time estimation and tracking of time spent on any project or task.
- Project management and team collaboration tools such as Teamwork Chat.
- Invoice generation based on time spent on the task or entire project.
- Free plan available.
- Paid plan from $9 per user monthly.
This is the most visual team management software for project collaboration.The Trello dashboard has a cardboard-like appearance that is very useful for the management of short day to day assignments. Very useful for both startup companies and fortune 500 companies.
- File sharing; including image sharing.
- Team collaboration and commenting.
- Creation of numerous task lists.
- Organization of lists by priority or date.
- Simple task management.
- Free for personal use.
- Paid plans around $9.99 per user per month.
Hubstaff also functions as a timesheet for team members. It is an online tool that helps to monitor the activity of members, take screenshots and enables team leader to easily pay the staff for work completed based on time spent. It is a useful software for the tracking of remote workers who work very far away.
- Manual and automatic tracking of time.
- Viewing the activity of team members with option to take screenshots.
- Integration with over 30 team management software.
- Customizable reports.
- Generation of timesheet for payment.
- Mobile application for time tracking while working or driving.
- Employee location tracking via GPS.
- Paid plan from $5 user per month.
This team management software is very similar to the popular note taking app; Evernote. The only difference is that on Evernote Business, users can share their ideas with a large team. The interface is like a large virtual whiteboard that allows any team member to contribute their knowledge or ideas in seconds. The rest of the team can then view the topics and ideas contributed in a presentation mode.
- Document collection, saving and sharing.
- Presentation mode.
- Idea boards.
- Searching documents without opening them.
- All features present in Evernote premium.
- $14 per month for each user.
*14. Activecollab *
As the name rightly implies, this software helps to develop and maximize active team collaboration and make it more interesting and fun. It allows each user to be able personalize their own platform. ActiveCollab also combines project management with time billing allowing users to easily plan and track their projects.
- Real-time communication and team collaboration.
- Task creation for multiple users with setting of deadlines.
- Gantt-like timeline that is very efficient for planning.
- Filtering of tasks by dates, labels or users.
- Shared team calendar for planning.
- Tracking of time for invoice generation and sending.
Fleep was created ultimately for project collaboration. It is a messenger created for having chats with team members and to schedule lightweight tasks. It also offers a channel for collaboration between team members via email, Google Hangouts, or Fleep itself; eliminating any need to leave the platform itself in order to send messages to other people.
- Compatibility with email; enables non Fleep users to receive normal emails.
- Chatting with employees or team members and partners.
- File sharing.
- Integration with Google Hangouts.
- Users can pin important messages to the side of the conversation.
- Free plan available.
- Paid plans for access to advanced features at $5 for each user per month.
You have now been equipped with on knowledge 15 very useful team management software that can help you to maximize your team productivity. It is your duty as a team leader to boost your team’s productivity; do not let this knowledge go to waste.
John has been working as a Content Manager at weekly timelog. His passion and strategies for cracking the tough in online marketing flow through the industry. He has documented hundreds of technical processes and taught growth hacking and technical writing through various blogs, articles, and Community Gathering.
If you are interested in team management software, I highly recommend you to subscribe to our monthly newsletter here.
- Top business blogs to read
- Smart city projects and leaders to keep an eye on
- Human-centered innovation
- Barcelona makes it to the top 5 of innovation hubs
- Blockchain technology: use cases, statistics, benefits, startups & events
- Barcelona; one of the best smart cities in Europe
- Disruptive innovation to track
- The era of unicorns
- Top 20 promising startups in Barcelona
- IOT projects that may change the world
- AI can control the “Fake news” market
- Artificial intelligence – in math I trust
- Proptech: benefits, opportunities, startups, and predictions
- MusicTech startups to keep an eye on
The post 15 Useful Team Management Software for Maximizing Team Productivity appeared first on Apiumhub.